The more time I spend amidst the electric chaos that is New York City, the more I appreciate my homecomings to the city of Buffalo.
There’s something about sleeping in my own bed, eating at my favorite local spots and seeing familiar faces that makes me feel grounded and at ease. Buffalo truly is the city of good neighbors.
While I’m home over spring break, I’ll be finalizing my summer plans, spending time with family and starting on some new projects that I can’t wait to share with you guys. In the meantime, here are some life updates:
- I’m officially an English minor! I’m super excited to be taking some really interesting literature classes next semester and to continue to work on my writing skills.
- I’m going on vacation with my family when classes end! It’s been a minute since we’ve all traveled together and I’m looking forward to spending quality time with the fam on the beach 🙂
- I’m heading back to San Francisco in June for LINES! I can’t even begin to tell you how stoked I am to be going back to the West Coast to spend 4 weeks dancing and exploring with some of my closest friends.
- I’ll be spending 3 weeks in NYC this summer at Dance Theatre of Harlem’s summer intensive. It’ll be my first time spending part of my summer in the city so I’ll have to do some summery New York activities. Picnic is Sheep’s Meadow anyone?
- I’ve made a pact to shop more mindfully. From now on, I am going to try to purchase clothing items from brands that practice sustainable and ethical production methods and support my community by shopping locally. I’m currently wearing a sweatshirt (pictured above) by a dope local clothing brand called bkindcity. With every item you purchase, a meal is provided for someone at the Buffalo City Mission. Check them out at www.bkindcity.com.
And that’s all she wrote. Stay tuned this week for some new content coming your way.